Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I once had an HP printer and the print driver had the facility for taking an A4 document and expanding it to print over 4 or more sheets which, when trimmed and joined together, created a larger poster. Unfortunately, that printer died and the new printer driver does not have the same capabilities.

How can I find out in advance which HP printers have the mulisheet poster facility - there does not seem to be a simple way to ask HP Support.

Alternatively, is there another driver that I can use with my current printer - an HP 5200 All-in-One - or a piece of software that can do the same thing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Any HP printers from the last years no longer offers Poster Printing, a such was offered but older models.

You may try setting an Alternate Driver and check if that may help:

1. From the Control Panel, right click the existing printer and select Printer Properties.
  2. Open the Ports tab and write down which port is selected, then close this window.
  3. Click Add Printer, then press on "The printer that I want isn't listed".
  4. Select to set a Local Port or a Netowrk printer with manual setting, it should be the latest option.
  5. Select the port used by your original printer from the Existing Ports list.
  6. Select HP fro the Manufacturer pane, then locate ad select the HP Deskjet 6940 printer.
    Note: if the model isn't listed, press Windows Update and allow 5-15 minutes till the printer list reappears, then it will be listed.
  7. Complete the wizard and ty printing using the 6940 driver, you will find the Poster option within the Finishing tab.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Any HP printers from the last years no longer offers Poster Printing, a such was offered but older models.

You may try setting an Alternate Driver and check if that may help:

1. From the Control Panel, right click the existing printer and select Printer Properties.
  2. Open the Ports tab and write down which port is selected, then close this window.
  3. Click Add Printer, then press on "The printer that I want isn't listed".
  4. Select to set a Local Port or a Netowrk printer with manual setting, it should be the latest option.
  5. Select the port used by your original printer from the Existing Ports list.
  6. Select HP fro the Manufacturer pane, then locate ad select the HP Deskjet 6940 printer.
    Note: if the model isn't listed, press Windows Update and allow 5-15 minutes till the printer list reappears, then it will be listed.
  7. Complete the wizard and ty printing using the 6940 driver, you will find the Poster option within the Finishing tab.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Brilliant - it works. Thank you so much. It has been a problem for a long time and you have solved it. Pity HP dropped the facility from newer drivers.

HP Recommended

Hey I did the instructions below to get my printer to print poster size. It worked great for about a week and now my computer says the printer is offline and I have to reset my router to get it back online. That only lasts a day before I am having to do it again. When logging into HPinstantink it says my printer is online. Any help would be appreciated. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.