09-11-2016 03:26 AM
I once had an HP printer and the print driver had the facility for taking an A4 document and expanding it to print over 4 or more sheets which, when trimmed and joined together, created a larger poster. Unfortunately, that printer died and the new printer driver does not have the same capabilities.
How can I find out in advance which HP printers have the mulisheet poster facility - there does not seem to be a simple way to ask HP Support.
Alternatively, is there another driver that I can use with my current printer - an HP 5200 All-in-One - or a piece of software that can do the same thing?
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-11-2016 10:04 AM
Any HP printers from the last years no longer offers Poster Printing, a such was offered but older models.
You may try setting an Alternate Driver and check if that may help:
- From the Control Panel, right click the existing printer and select Printer Properties.
- Open the Ports tab and write down which port is selected, then close this window.
- Click Add Printer, then press on "The printer that I want isn't listed".
- Select to set a Local Port or a Netowrk printer with manual setting, it should be the latest option.
- Select the port used by your original printer from the Existing Ports list.
- Select HP fro the Manufacturer pane, then locate ad select the HP Deskjet 6940 printer.
Note: if the model isn't listed, press Windows Update and allow 5-15 minutes till the printer list reappears, then it will be listed.
- Complete the wizard and ty printing using the 6940 driver, you will find the Poster option within the Finishing tab.
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
10-20-2019 04:44 PM
Hey I did the instructions below to get my printer to print poster size. It worked great for about a week and now my computer says the printer is offline and I have to reset my router to get it back online. That only lasts a day before I am having to do it again. When logging into HPinstantink it says my printer is online. Any help would be appreciated.
10-23-2019 03:22 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the printer offline issue.
To better assist you -
1) May I have the exact model name of the printer? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.
2) What's the operating system installed on the computer?
While you respond to that, try this guided troubleshooter.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
I am an HP Employee