01-19-2020 07:01 PM
My printer says print cartilage incorrectly installed for the color ink, however, I never touched it when it ran out of ink. I usually buy the blank ink and it printed fine. What is the problem?
01-19-2020 08:14 PM - edited 01-19-2020 08:26 PM
Try the following solution:
- Gather the following materials:
- Dry foam-rubber swabs, lint-free cloth, or any soft material that will not come apart or leave fibers (coffee filters work well)
- Clean sheets of paper
- Distilled, filtered, or bottled water (tap water might contain contaminants that can damage the print cartridges)
CAUTION:Do not use platen cleaners or alcohol to clean the area. These can damage the cartridge or the printer.
- Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
- Open the front access door.Figure : Open the front access door
- Wait for the carriage to move to the center of the printer.
- Press down on one of the cartridges to release it, and then pull it out from its slot.Figure : Remove the cartridge
CAUTION:Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles. Touching these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.Figure : Do not touch the contacts or nozzles
- Place the cartridge on a piece of paper with the ink nozzles face up.
- Lightly moisten a clean, foam-rubber swab with distilled water.
- Clean the face and edges around the ink nozzle with the swab.
CAUTION:Do not clean the ink nozzle plate.Figure : Clean the area around the ink nozzle
- Nozzle plate - DO NOT CLEAN
- Area surrounding ink nozzle - Do clean
- Cartridge contacts - Do not clean
- Let the cartridge sit for 10 minutes to allow the cleaned area to dry, or use a new swab to dry it.
Insert the cartridge into its designated slot. The black parallelogram icon () designates the slot for the black cartridge, and the magenta half circle icon () designates the slot for the color cartridge.Figure : Example of inserting the tri-color cartridge
- Press the cartridge in to snap it into place.Figure : Snap cartridge into place
- Repeat these steps to clean the area surrounding the ink nozzle on the other cartridge.
- Close the front access door.
- Try printing again.
In case of need, do not hesitate to solicit us.
|I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accepted Solution! Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.|
HP Expert support community HP France.