06-06-2012 11:14 AM
I have scoured the forums for a solution to my problem and come up with nothing. I have an HP Photosmart C5250 All-in-one connected via USB to a Dell Inspiron running Windows 7 64 bit. I have attempted the suggested reset several times with the ink cartridges in and out to no avail. I am using HP brand ink cartridges. As it stands I do not need to print anything but I do need to scan something into my computer and the error message is preventing me from doing anything. I have been through the documentation several times and it is not telling me anything that I donn't already know or haven't already done.
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-13-2012 04:27 PM
hey SGibbons, Lets try these steps:
1. Without turning off the product, disconnect the USB cable (if connected that way) from the rear of the product
2. Remove the cartridges from the product. Wait until a message to insert the cartridges displays. If you do not see a message within a few minutes, skip to the next ste
3. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product. Wait 60 second
4. Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button
5. Reinsert the cartridges, and then close any open doors on the product. If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so. If you disconnected the USB cable, reconnect it to the rear of the product
6. Try printing again
Let me know if this helps at all. If not provide any new details or error messages and we will go from there.
07-24-2012 09:25 AM
I tried your solution from 6/13/2012. Was not successful.
Still have Error message: Refer to Printer Documentation.
Recently put in Black Cartridge World refilled cartridge. Put in Color 2 days ago.Have used successfully in the past.
Never had this message before.
07-30-2012 02:16 PM
Thanks this did work for me! I was ready to bin my printer and buy a new one. It was very frustrating to find no help on the HP website.
Awesome! So glad to hear I could help!