Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Print Cartridge Error

HP DeskJet F4480 All-in-one Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer was working perfectly fine prior to changing out the ink cartridges. Once i Changed them out like i always do they weren't reading at all. The Printer still say's E empty for both ink cartridges. Just in case i put back in an old one that still had some ink left and it's wouldn't recognize that one either, I tried resetting the printer following the online HP troubleshoot instructions but yet again nothing, it still says they are out and it's not reading them at all, I double check the size, the brand, and the number of the ink cartridges and they are the exact same that I've always been buying so I don't know how to fix this. i need some help, any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
Level 16
Level 16
32,884 26,263 2,396 8,252
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Print Cartridge Error

The troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve your cartridges not being recognized.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation