Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Print Cartridge Error

HP DeskJet F4480 All-in-one Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer was working perfectly fine prior to changing out the ink cartridges. Once i Changed them out like i always do they weren't reading at all. The Printer still say's E empty for both ink cartridges. Just in case i put back in an old one that still had some ink left and it's wouldn't recognize that one either, I tried resetting the printer following the online HP troubleshoot instructions but yet again nothing, it still says they are out and it's not reading them at all, I double check the size, the brand, and the number of the ink cartridges and they are the exact same that I've always been buying so I don't know how to fix this. i need some help, any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
32,987 26,366 2,400 8,411
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Print Cartridge Error

The troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve your cartridges not being recognized.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation