Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi Sara, glad to hear it's back working. I'll save this post as a reference for others.

Thanks

🙂

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

I found the answer to this question on a YouTube, but then ran into the following problem:

Is there a more permanent solution as it needs this procedure every time now though... it has worked for me 4 times.

HP Recommended

DisplaY Print Cartridge (s) missing or not detected 

Replace them . Message still appears.

HP Recommended

Hi Beno, have you already followed the steps in the link below?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01530839

Ciara

HP Recommended

message appearing cartridge missing or not detected

HP Recommended

Printer still showing same message that ink cartridge missing or not detected.

HP Recommended
Have you tried cleaning the cartridge contacts & printer carriage contacts?
HP Recommended

The regular problem solving steps don't solve the problem for me. The Youtube-fix works for a single print job only. Considering the amount of people that are having this problem, it's pretty clear that HP simply messed up on these models. My next all-in-one certainly won't be from HP. I pay HP for this machine, I don't get paid by HP to solve HP's problems.

HP Recommended

I have also done all the things listed in the You Tube Video as well as cleaning the copper contacts both on the cartridges and inside the printer... and while it resets and works for one print copy, I must reset and do the whole sequence every time I want to print.  Does anybody else have a long term solution?  I really don't want to waste my cartridges that I have for this printer by buying a new printer with different ink cartridges.  Help me please... I'm dying here.  

HP Recommended

yes, I have cleaned both the cartridge contacts and the ones in the printer... to no avail.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.