Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

For Alignment Error Message I spend alot of time for this.

Follow these steps

1. press "return" arrow 3 or 4 times

2."support menu" will display just press it! 

3.use right arrow key to "Print Diagnostic Menu" Press "OK"

4. use right arrow key to " bypass pen aligment" 

5. Press "OK"

-the end-

HP Recommended

How did you find where to locate the sensor??

HP Recommended

Dude- you're a genius. 🙂  Been having this problem for months and your fix worked!  Thank you!!

HP Recommended

Re: Print Head Alignment failure--Officejet Pro 8500A Plus e-All-in-One Printer A910g

HP Recommended

Sorry I did not reply sooner.  The sensor is attached to the printhead carriage.  The sensor has to read the micro print on the (almost) translucent band that spans the width of the printer.  It is easier to get to if you can remove the top to expose the printing assembly area.  Best thing to do is lift the top, tell printer you want to change the printheads, carriage moves from the parked position, pull the power cord (printer will scold you when you power back up). Remove the top to get to the printhead carriage.  The sensor can be removed from the carriage and clean it with camera lens cleaner and lens paper.  Clean the translucent alignment band with a gentle cleanser (try the lens cleaner first).  Slide carriage left and right so you can clean the entire band.  Reassemble, hopefully alignment is successful.

HP Recommended

This method works great!  Thanks so much.  I needed to print something and had to get out of the alignment failure loop.  When I get a bit more time, I'll follow up with the other recommendation to clean the sensor.

HP Recommended

Regarding: <<For Alignment Error Message I spend alot of time for this.<<

where in the menu you do you start to:

1. press "return" arrow 3 or 4 times

I cannot find this on the touchpad in any of the printer (A909g)  mode selections - when I get printer align error msg, there is only "OK" as a button selection.

does this technique only work on the A910g?? How does on cancel the align procedure on the A909g printer?

Thanx.

HP Recommended

Does this procedure apply to the A909g model printer?

thanx

HP Recommended

I'm not familiar with that model. If it is similar, or has similar issue, it should work.

My 8500 has finally expired 😞

I bought an OfficeJet Pro 9025 in April, already having trouble with it.  Hope you can get your printer operational.

HP Recommended

Previously you posted about removing the sensor from the printhead carriage. I can see where a twisted set of wires disappears into the rear of the carrier - does the top of the carrier need to be removed by unscrewing the 2 or 3 phillips screws? Or is there a simpler method that I'm just not comprehending?

Thanks for the reply

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.