Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 7520
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hi, my printer is out of warranty.  A couple of days ago, my printer was spewing out blank pages. checked ink levels and replaced the black cartridge even though estimated levels showed 1/2.   

Still printing blanks, I troubleshooted and followed instructions to clean the print head https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-photosmart-7520-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5199461/document...

I did this and reinserted it all, the cartridges clicked into place etc. I get a message "The printhead has failed and can no longer print. Please refer to printer documentation."    The printer panel says: "Printer Failure - There is a problem with the printer or ink system. Turn printer off, then on. If problem persists, contact HP."  

I have followed more instructions and reset the printer by unplugging etc, Stil have this problem. And, I do have HP cartridges. 

I wonder if I need to purchase a new print head but am concerned of spending the money if it won't solve the problem. Surely, it will be an unreturnable item!  

Does anyone else have suggestions please? 

Thanks! 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @WightMartini,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are getting Printer Failure error message on your HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer.

This issue could occur if the printhead is not installed properly or defective.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

And here are a few steps in the link: 'Missing or Failed Printhead' Displays

If the issue persists, I suggest that you upgrade your printer to the latest model. 

You may also contact HP Technical Phone Support from this link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP

Select the country where you are located and type the product# or the serial number of the unit and then choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information. Click on 'Show Options' icon and then scroll down the page and select 'Get Phone Number' to get the phone number.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.