Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Desk Jet 8610 All in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Getting an error message that says 'Unable to detch printhead. I have unplugged and tried re-engaging it several times, no luck, I tried purchasing a new one using part # CR322A but it is no longer available??  Please help, do I need to just buy a new printer?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, 

From the many reason, one of them is Cartrige misfiring ink. This would occur when one is printing with  no ink in cartriges.

Reseating Printhed should solve the the issue.  Below is the link to document that should guide you.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04100778

If issue still persists, i'd suggest its time to go for a new printer.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, 

From the many reason, one of them is Cartrige misfiring ink. This would occur when one is printing with  no ink in cartriges.

Reseating Printhed should solve the the issue.  Below is the link to document that should guide you.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04100778

If issue still persists, i'd suggest its time to go for a new printer.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks dude.  My wife says it is working now. I am very low on ink, so perhaps that's what was causing the error. I will replace the ink cartridges today and see if we have any more problems 

Thanks

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue with an HP Officejet 8725,  It is giving me the error Print head not detected, missing or not installed properly.  How do I fix?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.