Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet3050 J610
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I just had a new SSD hard drive installed on my '08 iMac, as well as an operating system update to El Capitan,  and now my printer is not responding. The document shows up in the que and it says "Printing" then disappears without any printed pages. 

I tried unplugging the printer. Now I notice the wi fi blue light is blinking but can't seem to sync it with the router by pushing the WPS button on the router. Need to print!  Please help, thank you!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@brownize, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Step 1: Restart your devices

To prepare your printer for a wireless connection, restart the printer, computer, and router.

1. Turn the printer off, and then wait 10 seconds.

2. Disconnect the printer power cord from the printer.

3. Turn off the computer or the device you are trying to print from.

4. Connect the printer power cord to the printer, and then turn on the printer.

5. Disconnect the power cord from your wireless router, and then wait 10 seconds.

6. Reconnect the power cord to the router.

NOTE: 

Wait until internet service is restored. Internet service is interrupted while the router is off.

7. Turn on the computer.

Your printer and network are ready to make a new connection.

Step 2: Connect the printer to your network

Connect the printer to your network using the HP wireless setup wizard (for printers with a touchscreen control panel), WPS (if supported by your router), or the HP Smart software.

Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) is an easy way to connect a Wi-Fi device to a Wi-Fi network that supports WPS.

1. Locate the WPS button on your router, but do not press it yet.

If your router does not support WPS, do not continue with these steps. Use another method such as connecting the printer with HP Smart app.

2. Turn on the printer. If the printer is in sleep mode, press the Cancel button to wake the printer.

3. Press and hold the Wi-Fi button on the printer for 5 seconds. For HP Tango printers, press and hold the Wireless button and Power button at the same time for 5 seconds.

4. On the router, press and hold the WPS button for 3 to 5 seconds or until it shows that the WPS connection process has started.

NOTE: 

The printer stops searching for a WPS connection two minutes after the wireless button is pressed. If you were unable to press the WPS button within that timeframe, attempt these steps again.

Once the printer is connected, the blue wireless light stops blinking and remains on.

Print a network configuration report from the printer. Here is how you do it-

1. On the HP product control panel, press the Wireless button (). The Wireless menu displays.

2. Press the button () next to Print Reports.

The product prints the network configuration page.

If the wireless connection issue persists, go to the HP Wireless Print Center (in English) for more information.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.