Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
DJ2630
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi there, for some reason when I print an image the bottom margin is bigger making the print off-centre.  This happens on every programme - and if Im printing from Photoshop, you can see the larger border on the print preview.

There doesn't seem to be anyway to remove or alter margins?

A google search revealed a few issues with this but I cant find a resolution, except people advising they will change brand...  I would assume there must be a way to centrally print something?

Please help...………. thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @hortz

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

According to the product specifications, this printer does not have borderless printing. The Minimum print margin, bottom is 12.7 mm. You may check it in the product specifications under printing specifications.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for coming back to me!

I dont need borderless printing - I just need it to print centrally - but everything I print seems to print above centre so there is a bigger margin at the bottom of the page...

Theres no option to adjust the margins when printing from photoshop or direct fro the jpg or pdf.....

Thanks

HP Recommended

@hortz, let us try these steps:

Check the printer settings on the Win PC, refer to this document.

Clean reinstallation of Pre-installed HP drivers

1.  In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 
  2.  Select your HP Printer 
  3.  Select Uninstall 
  4.  In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 
  5.  In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 
  6.  Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo. 
  7.  Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”) 
  8.  Click on the “Drivers” tab 
  9.  Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 
  10.  Select Ok 
  11.  Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 
  12.  Close Devices and Printers, restart the computer.

Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.

Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

Try printing.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar, completed all of the above and still the same issue.   Always prints off centre in every program I try.....................  infuriating!

HP Recommended

@hortz, that's unfortunate.

If the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for further assistance:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar, I dont get the option to complete a web form.

I have to say, whilst I do appreciate your help, whenever I have had problems I find it is very time consuming getting a solution from HP in general.  I havent got the time to go back and forth via this thread.

Is there another way?

I have been a HP customer for a while now, but unless I can get this sorted ASAP I'll have to switch to the Canon range.

Its cray that I cant print the correct size and it doesnt seem to be able to be changed........

HP Recommended

@hortz

I have sent you a private message with the contact details.

Thanks! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.