Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart C6280 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have an old printer (2008) and recently when I print and photocopy in colours, the image is split as you can see in the following image. Could someone help me to solve this problem? Obviously I don't  think it is a commonplace headprints allignment problem.scansione0001.jpgscansione0002.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Is there anyone with a solution? 😭

HP Recommended

@DaybyDay Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support and we appreciate your patience.

That said, since the issue appears on photocopy as well, it points out a hardware malfunction, however, to confirm the same, I suggest you follow the below steps:

Step 1: Use genuine HP ink cartridges

HP recommends that you use genuine HP ink or toner supplies. HP cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of non-HP or refilled cartridges. If you do not use genuine HP cartridges, the steps in this document might not resolve the issue. To check the authenticity of your cartridges, go to the HP anti-counterfeit webpage (in English).

Purchase replacement cartridges and other supplies from the HP Store or local retailers.

If installing genuine HP ink cartridges did not resolved the issue, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Make sure you are using the appropriate paper for your print job

Make sure the paper you are using is appropriate for the print job. If it is not, reload the printer with an appropriate paper type.

NOTE: 

To purchase paper in the United States and Canada, go to HP Home & Home Office.

• Load the paper print side down in the input tray. Many papers have printing and nonprinting sides, such as photo paper and envelopes. Usually, the smoother side is the "print side," and sometimes the non-print side has a logo of the paper manufacturer on it.

• Do not use wrinkled or curled paper. Use only clean, wrinkle-free paper.

Do not use wrinkled paper

• Use the correct paper type for your project.

• For everyday text documents, plain paper with ColorLok technology works well. Paper with ColorLok technology is industry-standard paper that works well with HP ink.

ColorLok logo

• For documents with dense printing, such as high contrast graphics or photos, use HP Advanced Photo Paper for best results.

• Some paper might not absorb ink as well as others. If your prints smear easily, make sure you are using a recommended paper.

• Store photo paper in its original packaging inside a resealable plastic bag. Store the paper on a flat surface in a cool, dry place. Load 10-20 sheets of photo paper only when you are ready to print, and then put the unused paper back in the packaging.

• Try using a different paper. This determines if the problem is related to the paper.

Try to print again. If the print quality is unacceptable, continue to the next step.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & Skip to Step 3: Check the print settings (onward)

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am already using original cartridges (expired but original) and the correct paper. Could it be a mechanical error (maybe due to a trolley 🤔 malfunctioning)?

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-04 at 17.59.17.jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-06-04 at 17.59.18.jpegscansione0005.jpg

HP Recommended

@DaybyDay Yes, if you've gone through all the steps and yet the issue persists, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options as it's most likely a hardware malfunction, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.