01-06-2020 01:39 PM
A job will print, but not clear out of the spooler for 15 minutes, delaying subsequent print jobs from printing. This also happens when trying to delete a print job. It takes 15 minutes for the job to delete and freezes subsequent print jobs from performing.
01-06-2020 02:40 PM
If you have not done so...
Try / Consider the known solutions to this kind of problem.
➡️ Complete the solution to clear and restart the print services shown in the thread where you first posted your question.
and / or
and / or
If the current print job will not cancel or if a previous print job is stuck in the queue,
If the issue is due to Print Services being stuck / hung / corrupted, Restart the Print Service
Print Queue / Print Service Reset
Control Panel > icon view > Administrative Tools > Services
Scroll down, find, Right-Click, and Stop Print Spooler Service
Open File Explorer (formally Windows Explorer)
Navigate to the folder and Delete the files from folder C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS
Start Print Spooler Service
➡️ Run the Print and Scan Doctor
The Doctor can help with several issues, including driver, connection, and "jobs stuck in the queue".
➡️Just one document? Might be that document or the software you are using to submit the job(s) to the printer.
For example, PDF document? Check the document and then check / update the PDF Reader software.
- HINT: Watch out for and UNCHECK unwanted extra software
- Adobe Reader DC software should be installed even if you do not open / view / print PDF files directly from the software.
PDF - Print as Image
If the file will not print due to unusual content (odd fonts, color schemes, tables, other oddities), print the file as an Image. Image printing does not require the printer software to translate file content.
Open the offending PDF file in Adobe Reader DC > File > Print > Advanced >>
- Set the printer select the colors (Optional)
- Print the PDF file as an image
➡️ Make sure your Windows Updates are current
➡️ Simple check - Restart your computer!
➡️ Remove and reinstall the printer software
The Basics – Short and Sweet -Reinstall Full Feature Software
When everything is working OK and you just want to remove and reinstall the software.
- Uninstall the existing printer software from Programs and Features
- Restart the computer and log in
- Open Category Software and Drivers in your printer Support Website
- Download-and-Save the Full Feature Software or HP Easy Start Printer Setup for your Operating System version.
- Navigate to the folder in which you saved the software installation package (likely Downloads)
- Right-Click on the downloaded package and "Run as Administrator" to start the installation
- After the software is installed, Restart the computer and log in
Reference and Resources – Places to find help and learn how to use your Printer
Clarification of terms and "what the printer can do" (Specifications)
Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), User Guides, Product Information, more
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic
Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.
We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.