01-20-2020 10:42 AM
We recently purchased the HP Officejet 3830. I installed the full software package on two separate Windows 10 machines. On one machine, everything works perfectly. On the other machine, there is no option to print in color. The dialog box does not show the option B/W or Color. I've searched messages on here and tried various solutions offered, reinstalled drivers, removed and reinstalled printer software, etc. Nothing seems to be working.
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-22-2020 01:51 PM - edited 01-22-2020 01:52 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
Have you tried connecting a USB cable and try printing in color to check if the issue persists?
This seems like an issue with the printer driver. Let us try these steps:
- On the PC, go to Control panel > Devices and printers > Add a printer(at the top)
- Under 'Choose a device or printer', click on 'The printer I want isn't listed'.
- Select 'Add a printer using a TCP/IP address'
- Find the IP address of the printer by tapping on the wireless icon on the printer screen
- Type in the 'IP address in Hostname or IP address' box, click next
- Proceed to the next steps by following the on-screen instructions.
- Try printing in color.
If the issue persists, Install the printer using Windows built-in driver
Refer to this document to know how. Try printing.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee