Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Flawless printing from my ipad until recently installing the latest update.  Now, I can’t print at all.  

HP Recommended

Hi @Jules990,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that you are unable to print from your iPad after the Apple update.

I suggest that you turn off your iPad and then force restart it.

You may also download and install the HP smart app from the link: Print and Scan from the HP Smart App

Also, I suggest that you disable Airprint and print using HP Smart App.

Let me know how that works.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Forcing the restart of my iPad resolved the issue.  Thanks so much!

HP Recommended

Hi @Jules990,

You are welcome.

I am happy to know that the issue has resolved.

I also appreciate your time and patience in going through the troubleshooting steps.

Feel free to ask your queries in future in this forum and we will always be there to help you.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thanks for suggesting I try the HP Smart app. 

I have obly attempted to print print a single document so far, but did so successfully using the app. That said, it is much trickier to use than the print functionality available  pre-iOS11 and the results are less attractive. 

Is HP working on a printer driver to solve this problem? And if so, when will it be available? If not I shall consider replacing my printer with a competitive product that works with all iOS devices. 

Thanks and regards,

Bill Basham

HP Recommended

Hi @Skipper38,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

Yes, HP is working along with Apple on this issue. This is workaround till the update is released.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Also having the same problem with ipads and iphones after updating to IOS11. Older ipad still on IOS10 still printing OK.

Will HP be notiying users once the y have worked out th required fix ? Don't want to have to keep trying to see if printing is correct (waste of paper and (not much at the size) ink.

HP Recommended

Hi @captainshifty,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I suggest that you restart the printer or perform a hard reset on the printer by following the steps listed below:

1.Disconnect if there is any fax or USB cable connected to the unit and then turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

2.With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

3.Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

4.Wait at least 60 seconds.

5.Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

6.Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

7.Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on. The printer might go through a warm-up period. 
8.Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Also, I suggest that you Print with HP Smart App (HP Smart App does not use Airprint)

• Supports JPG, PDF, and Office Doc printing
  • Print with other iOS apps that don’t use AirPrint

I suggest that you download and install the HP Smart App from the link: http://hp.care/2vtKpfK look under the section for Apple iOS.

Let me know if this works.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended
Hello

I have the same problem here. I’m not interested in using anything else than AirPrint, as that was the whole point why I bought the HP printer in the first page.

I noticed that the printer sometimes works ok, but at other times the print preview is completely wrong and it’s either enlarging or reducing the printouts by a ridiculous margin.

I had this problem for a few months, already, since beta-testing the IOS 11.

I don’t understand how such an important bug/lack of functionality was not already fixed!?
HP Recommended

Thanks, I’m pleased to learn the problem has been acknowledged and a solution is under development. 

Again, thanks for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.