Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi @Skipper38,

You are welcome.

I also appreciate your time and patience.

Feel free to ask your queries in future in this forum and we will always be there to help you.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi @smiley_man,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

As of now Apple and HP are working on it and may release an update shortly. I appreciate your time and patience.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hello and thanks for your suggestion.

I have already said that air print works perfectly OK on older iPad not upgraded to IOS 11 so knew that the problem was not the printer,

But, to be sure, I followed your instructions and hard reset the printer resyulting in No change whatsoever. Air print documents still printing full A4 page as approx 9cm x 6 cm image at top left of A4 page (and bottom left if using 2 sided printing).

I have no desire to go through the extra processes requiored to use HP Smart print - I want the convenience of being able to print direct to my printer from the page I am on with iPhone or iPad as I have always been able to do up to now.

HP Recommended

Hi @captainshifty,

Apple and HP are working on it and may release an update shortly. I appreciate your time and patience.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Still no solution in sight. I still can’t get an A4 printout. 

Why is it taking so long to get the solution.

HP Recommended

Hi @rkuks,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that you are unable to print in A4 size from your iPhone or iPad to your HP All-in-One Printer.

I suggest you run the apple updates on your IOS device and check if the issue persists.

You may check the link: Update the iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

If the issue persists, then I suggest that you turn off your iPad and then force restart it.

You may also download and install the HP smart app from the link: Print and Scan from the HP Smart App

Let me know how that works.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I agree, it is taking an unacceptable time to provide a solution. On an interim basis, I have found that converting documents to PDIs and then printing the PDI is the best solution. 

Fingers crossed for for an early fix.

HP Recommended

As much as I a[[reciate yor response would it not be better if it contained something of substance rather than a lot of suggestions which achieve andmean nothing to HP's customers who ar eaffected by this issue.

My iPad was updated this morning with IOS 11.0.3 ,my HP8600 has , according to HP. the latest updates and drivers.

I, along with many others purchased the HP 8600 to use both for printing from desktop/ laptop and AIR PRINT.

When I print with my iPad air, or 2 iPhones with IOS 11  all I get is a 6.5 x 5.5 cm miniature version of the A4 page that I have printed.

If I print with an iPad using IOS 10 then the AIr Print produces  a printed A4 page as it should.

Why do you, for HP, keep asking people to do this / that unless you have physically tried these remedies and found them to work ??

Why keep telling peole to use Smart Print when it is not what they want to do ? Perhaps if Smart print was better integarted to work within IOS 11 without having to save pages as documents and then print them that would make sense - but that option does not exist. I haven,t yet worked out a way to print an email   from iphone to Smart print.

HP Recommended

The options provided assume that there is a problem with the iPad or its software. The real problem is the drivers of 8600 are not working with AirPrint on ios 11. This needs sorting out rather than the measures that are being repeatedly suggested. Smart print does not work with emails and is not the solution. 

I am getting by opening the emails on my pc and then printing. Which is not what I want to do.  

Hope me this gets sorted out quick.

HP Recommended

Are we any nearer to a solution? I don’t want a temp fix, ie HP Smart App, I want my iPad to work as it did before the update. When can we expect this to be sorted out? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.