Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

This issue make the HP Officejet Pro 8600 a worthless printer. I will not advise HP for IOS users.

HP Recommended

I too have been suffering this issue since upgrade to ios11. 

As HP customer support seem to no longer be monitoring and responding to this thread I’ve decided to raise a new question to see if that triggers any response to the questions posed here, primarily when will the issue be sorted.

Fingers crossed they respond

HP Recommended

I have now in detail checked with my three Apple units

one iPhone Plus with IOS 11.1.1

one iPad Air with IOS 11.1

one iPad with IOS 10.3.3

using Air print on my HP OfficeJet Pro 6800

On my iPad with IOS 10.3.3 it works exellent!

the 2 units with IOS 11 works not at all, only midget figures!

As said many times before on this HP Support Forum it is totally

unintresting to get silly proposals regaring all kinds of work arounds.

I bought my printer for the Air print option PERIOD!

Please inform when an apropreate update is aviable!

HP Recommended
Dear all,

I’m surprised of how poor the support from HP has been.

Marking the question as solved is ludicrous!

I think the problem is in Safari only, as I can print from other apps. However, HP can’t just brush us all off and pretend nothing happened. They are still responsible as a developer to actively liaise with Apple to resolve reported problems (rather than wasting time giving useless advice on a forum).

I therefore opened a thread on Apple community - hopefully they’ll be more keen to help their customers:
https://discussions.apple.com/message/32567435

It would be worth for all of you guys to get involved on the Apple forum using the link above - so that the problem is flagged and actioned!

Thank you!
HP Recommended

Have tried printing from Chrome on iPad but get the same problem.

HP Recommended

Just to offer a glimer of hope

On my iphone - i went to wifi settings and "forgot" my wifi network, then I reconnected

this solved the issue for me

However on my mums iphone she did the same with no success - other threads are discussing an ipv6 issue

(forgetting and reconnecting seems to fill out a necessary field that came in iOS11) why this would resolve minature printing i have no idea and its shameful that HP are offering no support other than turn it off and then on type solutions.

HP Recommended
I have just tried this with my iPhone using iOS v11.1.1.
Still doesn’t work! I have tried printing from both Safari and Mail with no success.
I have also tried to connect my Officejet Pro 8100 to the HP e-print service. HP won’t allow me to connect! It seems that they no longer care about any printer that’s more than a year or so old!
HP Recommended

I just reported the problem to Apple myself. Spent about 2.5 hours, which included sending a report via a capturing app provided by them. 

Today they advised me they are aware of the problem and working on it. 

I don’t think I can do anything else, but it may be helpful if more people report this, as it would show there are a larger number of people affected and, I am hoping, that may put more pressure onto Apple to sort this out quicker:

https://getsupport.apple.com

HP Recommended
I have recently reported this to Apple. My ‘small page size’ problem only occurs on Mail and Safari and only sometimes! They replied that AirPrint relies on the printer to tell it what paper size is loaded otherwise it defaults to 5 x 3! It seems that my Officejet Pro 8100 is a bit fickle when having a dialogue with AirPrint.
I am still waiting for a firmware upgrade to my printer to resolve this problem.
HP Recommended

I found this solution on the Apple forums and it resolved the issue for me (iPhone 6S iOS11)

Find the IP address of the printer. If you have a display on your printer, select the wireless connection and the IP address should be displayed. You may also be able to print out a configuration report that should have the IP address.

On any browser (such as Explorer) type that IP address into the address bar. That should take you to the printer settings. (if you use safari on an iOS device it will warn you about certificates, just click through accepting them)

Once at the settings, select the Network tab, then general option, then network protocols. That should give you the option to that Select IP4 only.

Save and exit. You will probably have to reboot your printer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.