Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp envy 7855
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm need to know how to set up the printer to print on cardstock. I tried but it would not print.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jaminajarWelcome to the HP Support Community. 

Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support. We appreciate your patience.

The specifications indicate the printer supports Media type Brochure Matte. Refer to the link https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-photo-7800-all-in-one-printer-series/9073159/model/1649... for details.

HP Brochure Matte paper is typically 180 gsm.

If the package in which the paper was purchased includes the weight of the paper, and the paper is not any heavier than the HP Brochure Matte paper, then the printer may handle the cardstock.

Select Media type (kind of paper) as Brochure Matte, Card, whatever is similar (not photo paper).

Select the Source (Tray 1)

Select the Size from the list of supported sizes

Print.

The document HP Printers - Print Driver Settings Guide (Windows) should provide you with some additional details if need be on the driver settings.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@jaminajarWelcome to the HP Support Community. 

Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support. We appreciate your patience.

The specifications indicate the printer supports Media type Brochure Matte. Refer to the link https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-photo-7800-all-in-one-printer-series/9073159/model/1649... for details.

HP Brochure Matte paper is typically 180 gsm.

If the package in which the paper was purchased includes the weight of the paper, and the paper is not any heavier than the HP Brochure Matte paper, then the printer may handle the cardstock.

Select Media type (kind of paper) as Brochure Matte, Card, whatever is similar (not photo paper).

Select the Source (Tray 1)

Select the Size from the list of supported sizes

Print.

The document HP Printers - Print Driver Settings Guide (Windows) should provide you with some additional details if need be on the driver settings.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help.

HP Recommended

Tried the solution, but still did not get full printed page. We did not have this trouble until recently. Was there some update in the program that changed this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.