Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 7640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have lost the ability to display a print preview of my documents before I comitt to printing on my Envy 7640 printer. It was there with my last HP printer.  Any idea why this feature has been removed, and if it's possible to get it back. Who needs to print something and then find it didn't print the way I wanted it to? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Dave49

You can try the Root uninstall once again and download the Full Feature 

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 
2.) Select your HP Printer 
3.) Select Uninstall 
4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 
5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 
6.) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo. 
7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”) 
8.) Click on the “Drivers” tab 
9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 
10.) Select Ok 
11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 
12.) Close Devices and Printers
13.) Restart the computer and download the Full Feature Software from Here and follow the onscreen Instructions

If the issue persists, then you can contact our Phone Support.

Thank you 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

HP Recommended

@Dave49

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums After reading your post I see that you are not getting print preview. I will be a delight to assist you here.

Superb analysis and brilliant diagnosis of the issue before posting. 🙂  Kudos to you on that score.:)

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

Which application are you trying to print?

Did you do any changes to the printer or to the computer to which this printer is connected?

Meanwhile

Perform root level uninstalltion to remove all the printer related software's.

Press the Windows key + R on the keyboard to bring up the run menu.colot

Type %temp% in the run field, and click OK.

Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

Open folder Util

Open folder CCC

Run the uninstall_ L4.bat

When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

Press the Windows key + R on the keyboard to bring up the run menu.

Type %programfiles% in the run field and click OK.

Delete any HP/Hewlett Packard folders.

Install full feature driver for the printer

Download the full feature driver for the printer: EN7640_Full_WebPack_40.11.1135.exe

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Oh. Nevermind. Neither folder contains folders "util" and "ccc".

Not sure what to do now.

================================================

I have 2 folders beginning with 7z.

7zs5e9

7zs7ae0

Should I perform the same procedure on each folder?

Thanks,

Dave

HP Recommended

@Dave49

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

This issue may require one to one interaction with the HP Phone Support.

I suggest that you contact HP Phone Support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This kind of reply usually means there is no fix for the problem. So, I will save my time and agrivation and forget it. Thanks anyway.

Dave

HP Recommended

@Dave49

It looks like you were interacting with sandytechy20, but he is out for the day. I'm KrazyToad & I'm at your service. 

The reason sandytechy20 requested you to contact our Phone Support is because our Support Engineers will be able to Remote into your computer and sort out this printing issue

Thank you 🙂

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Am I the only user to ever have this issue?

HP Recommended

@Dave49

You can try the Root uninstall once again and download the Full Feature 

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 
2.) Select your HP Printer 
3.) Select Uninstall 
4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 
5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 
6.) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo. 
7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”) 
8.) Click on the “Drivers” tab 
9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 
10.) Select Ok 
11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 
12.) Close Devices and Printers
13.) Restart the computer and download the Full Feature Software from Here and follow the onscreen Instructions

If the issue persists, then you can contact our Phone Support.

Thank you 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you.

Dave

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.