cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Print quality on photo printing

HP Recommended
HP Envy 7640e
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've just tried to print some photos of my new grandson onto photo paper and the result was really disappointing. I tried matt first and then glossy with the same flat result. The quality was actually better on plain paper!

I selected the correct HP paper and chose "best" setting.

How can I get improved quality on photo paper please?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,299 2,039
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Dotscot, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you have print quality issues when you print pictures from your printer.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Does the issue persist when you make a copy from your printer?

Have you tried checking with a different brand photo paper?

Please try few steps recommended below.

Follow these steps to check the print settings for your print job.
In the program, you are trying to print from, click File, and then click Print.
The Print window opens.
Open the Properties dialog box.
Depending on the software program, the button might be Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer, or Preferences.
Depending on your print job, you might consider modifying the following settings:
Paper Type: If you are printing on photo paper, select the type of photo paper you are attempting to print on.
Print Quality: If you are dissatisfied with the quality of your printouts, increase the print quality. To print more quickly, decrease the print quality. 
Select best from the list.
Paper Size: If you are printing on a different size of paper than you normally print on, select the correct paper size.
After selecting the print settings, click OK to apply the settings, and then click Print.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot print quality issues.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.

I hope you have a great day!

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you for your reply. I've tried all your suggestions. The paper was genuine hp photo paper. I tried both glossy and matte and I used the highest quality setting.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,393 2,294
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Dotscot,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I understand you have followed the steps suggested by the previous tech and still having the issue with the print quality while printing photos. Don't worry as I have a few other suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

I Just wanted to check once you have the printout, Is the photo printed on the glossy side or on the rough side. Next thing, I would also like to understand, are you referring to print being faded, or ink smearing on the page. What exactly seems to be the issue.

Could you please elaborate more on the issue, as this will help me in further assisting you.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation