Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 6324

I seem to have bought a 'Friday Afternoon Special' - I am beyond dissatisfied with my HP Envy 6324! 

I have had so many problems with it but am left with three that I can't resolve and would be grateful for any support, hopefully to prevent me seeking a refund

1.  Why if the computer has not been used for a while does it need to be unplugged and then plugged in again for it to print?

2.  Why when a different device attempts to print (which has already been set up to print) does it also fail to print and need the same 'solution' as #1?

3.  And most frustratingly, I would be grateful if you can explain why it prints like this - with the super wavy effect...and how it can be resolved

Example.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Athers

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you

Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support. We appreciate your patience.

Assign manual IP to the printer-

The steps on how to set a manual IP address are below -

--->Touch on the wifi icon ((i)) on the printer, and take down the IP address 
--->Open a web browser (ex Chrome or Mozilla) and type in the printer's IP
--->then go to network ---> general ---> network protocols ---> select IPV4 only-->apply 
--->go to wireless ---> wireless 802.11---> select manual ip ---> apply
--->Enter 8.8.8.8 for the first DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the second DNS.  
--->then go to settings on the main ews page --> power management ---> select sleep mode to max 15min

and then try the steps in the document to resolve the quality issue-Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues and   Unexpected Text Prints (Windows)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

I am sorry this was not an acceptable solution.  The solution offered was for one part of the problem I wrote about and then recommended I then do a further search to find the issue for the second problem.  

I am afraid I had no inclination  to spend  further time looking for answers to sort out a basic problem with regard to a defective product.  

I - finally - managed to get through to an agent who agreed to send a replacement printer.  The printer arrived but is not the same printer as the one it replaced.  I will 'let this go', but now I get a message saying the cartridges can only be used in the printer that initially installed it

I would be grateful if you would explain how this situation will be resolved and how my subscription to your Instant Ink Program will be updated

Failing that I would like details of how I may obtain a full refund.  I am beyond dissatisfied with HP printers and with HP 'customer care'.

HP Recommended

Are you using the cartridges that came with the printer?

What is the exact error message you are receiving ?

What is the printer model you received?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.