Jen653
Level 1
7 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Print que gets stuck & cardstock won't pull through

HP Office jet 4632

Everytime I print anymore (since getting a PC with windows 10) my HP officejet 4632 has a problem that there were will pages that get stuck in the print que.  Exanple, today I wanted to do a double sided page from a word document.  It printed the 2nd page and told me to put the pages back in and click ok to print the other side.  I did this and nothing printed.  Sure enough (as I have to do everytime) I had to go into the hp print/scan doctor to clear the que.  It will not clear unless I actually run the print doctor program.   This is getting very frustrating.   FYI - the print doctor has done several updates (it appears to be the same one) but it still messes up.  

Also, I do a lot of scrapbooking and card making and I find that this particular printer WILL NOT pull the cards/cardstock paper through the feeder.  I have to manually push the paper in while it tries to pull it in.  And then, it still gives a white border on the cards even though the settings are chosen as borderless.  This has not happened on any other printers I have had in the past.   It will pull regular weight paper through with no problems.  I have cleaned and checked the rollers and done everything I could read about to try to solve this problem but it still does this.  It is getting close to Christmas and I sooooooo very need to get my Christmas cards printed.  

Can anyone help?????

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 485 932
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Print que gets stuck & cardstock won't pull through

Greetings @Jen653

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with your printer where you are unable to perform duplex printing cardstock paper is not getting accepted easily, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

How is the printer connected to your computer? USB or wireless. 

Are you using a dual band router?

Note: HP Printers do not work or connect to 5Ghz networks. If you are using a dual band router, please give different names to 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz networks and connect the printer to the 2.4Ghz network.

If you have setup the printer over wireless, recommend you follow the procedure mentioned below to make it stable by assigning it a Manual IP Address.

• Obtain the IP address of the printer (which can found by pressing the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel)
  • Enter the IP address on the web browser (Ex: chrome, IE) to enter the printer EWS page.
  • Go to the “Network” tab, click on “Wireless (802.11) then click on “Network address (IPV4)
  • Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
  • Click on the radio button which says “Manual DNS server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

To resolve the issue with print job getting stuck, please refer to this HP guided troubleshooter

Please click here for the specifications of your printer. 

Go through the paper handling specifications of your printer. 

Paper tray capacities give the thickness of the papers supported by your printer. 

The print margins for your printer is 3mm on all the sides of the paper. (not borderless.)

For any paper jam issues, please refer to this HP article

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation