11-17-2019 12:57 PM
@QueenieLady, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
By default, the printer draws paper from Tray 1. If Tray 1 is empty and Tray 2 is installed and contains paper, the printer draws paper from Tray 2.
You can change the behaviors using the following features:
● Default Tray: Set the default tray from which the printer draws paper first when paper of the same size is loaded in both Tray 1 and Tray 2.
● Tray Lock: Lock a tray to prevent it from accidental use; for example, when you have loaded special paper (such as letterhead or preprinted paper). The printer will not use a locked tray even when the other tray is empty
1. Make sure the printer is turned on.
2. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch (Setup).
3. Scroll and touch Tray and Paper Management.
4. Select either Default Tray or Tray Lock, and then select the appropriate option.
You may watch this video to know how to load A3 papers in Tray 2. Skip to duration 12.45 on the video.
Note: This video is not from HP and is from a third-party channel on YouTube.
Make sure to adjust the width guides in the tray and to modify the paper settings on the printer.
To check the print settings on a MAC, refer to this document.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee