Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Office Jetpro 6960
iOS

Hi. I’m new to home printing and need help! I am trying to print photos from IPhone  and iPad using 8 1/2x11 photo paper.  I want to print as 4x6 but they keep coming as 8 1/2 x11. 

If that is an easy fix, is it possible to print more then one photo on a page?

Thanks,

Susan7599

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Susan7599 

HP Smart - later / newer version 7.x -  for iOS, at this writing, finally supports manually resizing photos.

As far as I can discern, the newer version still does not support resizing a photo to exact dimensions nor does it seem to support multiple photos on one sheet.

Just tested something that does work, though the initial setup is painful.

The method depends on (free) Pages App

NOTE:  iOS is not my specialty - there may be obvious "other ways" to accomplish this.  ?

Open a new blank document in Pages

Open the menu (circle enclosing three horizontal dots - upper right corner of page)

Select Document Setup (likely the last entry in the list)

Slide the side margins to .5 inches (most printers tolerate a .5 inch side margin)

Slide the top / bottom margins up / down against the header / footer section

Click Done

Click the + (in the upper right corner of the page)

Select Image Gallery

Grab the upper right corner of the gallery box

Extend box size to the dimensions wanted, in this case 6 inches wide by 4 inches high

Tap the plus-in-circle inside the gallery box, browse and add your first photo

If desired, double tap under the newly inserted photo to add a description of the photo

Repeat the operation: add the Image Gallery and then adding a second photo and description

This supports two photos, sized as needed, 

Save / Rename / manage the document as desired.

NOTE:  I have not tested it - it does appear one can easily set up a template in Pages, perhaps with the "pre-sized" gallery boxes for photos to be added later.   This would at least offer a way to reduce total number of steps...

Continuing...

Click the "Circle enclosing horizontal dots" menu option (Settings?)

Select Export > PDF > Save to Files > HP Smart

Save (upper right corner of menu)

Close the Pages application

Open HP Smart App

Find document in Files or Recents

Finally

Print the file

There must be an easier way to print files "at size", though at this time I have not found it.

The "manual" resize in HP Smart (newer version) does allow resize (pinch / move) -

• It does not appear to support (at this writing) exact dimension resizing,
  • Nor does it appear to support multiple photos on a sheet of paper.

Rats.

Interestingly, HP Smart for Windows 10 easily supports the option of multiple prints on a page, and supports the selected photo print size.

Example - HP Smart for Windows 10 - Multiple Photos

Open HP Smart

Click / Select Print Photos

Open the folder in which you have saved your photos

To Select more than one photo, Depress and hold the Control Key

Click / Select  one or more photos

Click "Select Photos to Print"

HP_Smart_Multiple_Photos_per_Sheet_1AHP_Smart_Multiple_Photos_per_Sheet_1A

Next

Select / Verify the settings for the print job

Including:

• Orientation
  • Paper Size
  • Photo Size (size of each photo)
  • Layout > Single Photo or Multiple photos per page
  • Borderless On or Off (Not all printers support this option)
  • Scaling Crop or Fit (Usually just leave as Crop)
  • Paper Type (Depends on what is loaded in the printer)
  • Output Quality (Usually leave as "normal" - some printers balk or dump too much ink on "best")
  • Copies (Depends on how many sheets / prints needed, usually 1)
  • Check / Set "More Settings" if needed
  • When ready, click Print

HP_Smart_Multiple_Photos_per_Sheet_1HP_Smart_Multiple_Photos_per_Sheet_1

References

HP Smart - Download, How-to and FAQ

HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS)

HP Smart - Help for Windows (includes a link to the store and an FAQ section)

Learn how to use HP Smart on your Windows 10 computer

HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Windows 10)

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer

Clarification of terms and "what the printer can do" (Specifications)

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), User Guides, Product Information, more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 All-in-One Printer series

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@Dragon-Fur

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer.  I will try this and let you know how it works for me.  I do have a Windows home PC in addition to a Mac if I can’t figure it out.  Is transferring photos from iphone to Windows going to be a problem or are they compatible? 

Thank

Susan7599

HP Recommended

@Susan7599 

I have iCloud for Windows 

Any photos are set to be downloaded to my Windows PC.

(Check the box next to Photos in iCloud.)

In my case, iCloud photos from iPad show up in Windows computer in Folder:

C:\Users\MyAccount\Pictures\iCloud Photos\Downloads

Nice and neat - no "transfer" beyond having installed the iCloud app for Windows and setting the options.

Except for the necessary differences in the Mac hierarchy, I would guess iCloud would also include all your synced (checked options) information.  I cannot verify whether Mac supports the resizing options - the Windows version of the HP Smart application is smarter than the iOS version on the iPad:  The Mac version of whatever photo viewing / print software you are using likely includes resize features.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

How do I insert the other photos in HP Smart for windows?

Screenshot (101).png

HP Recommended

@B_Will 

I have updated the instructions and image examples in my original post.

Essentially, When you are selecting photos to print, depress and hold down the control key while you select your photos.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.