Thomb01
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printed colors are off

Office jet Pro 8100
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have an Officejet Pro 8100 that prints the color “teal” as “green.” Shades of green also appear darker (ie “spring” green appears as “forest” green) Is there are way to correct this? Colors and shades outside of the “green” family are ok.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,259 6,246 338 247
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printed colors are off

@Thomb01

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Does this also happen while making a copy?

Follow these steps to clean the printheads.

1. Load plain white paper into the tray.

2. Press and hold the Power button () while you perform the following button presses:
    1. Press the Cancel button (two times.

2. Press the Resume button (once.

3. Release the Power button (). The product cleans the printheads.

If the issue persists, please perform the remaining steps from this document:https: //support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8100-eprinter-series-n811/4322917/document/c02892752

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Thomb01
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printed colors are off

Thanks for your response, Betty.

I'm not sure what you mean "...when making a copy?" It happens when ever I print and does not matter from which program I use (MS Word, MS Publisher, Windows 10 Photos, Adobe Lightroom, ... ) The "teal" color is way off.

I have cleaned the print heads several times, no improvement. I have also gone Solutions 1 thru 8 of the linked document and changed out the yellow ink cartridge (always have used official HP brand) hoping this would solve problem--problem remains with no improvement.

I don't know when this started as I rarely print photos and rarely use the color teal in any of my other work. Noticed problem for the first time last week when I needed a quick photo and the person's jacket was teal colored. All other color appear to be okay or close to realistic.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,000 10,003 889 1,060
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printed colors are off

@Thomb01

Appreciate you trying the steps. I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding this. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation