Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, I have a HP 7510 all in one printer. Up until yesterday I have had no problems with it. Now Printer does not see computer and computer does not see printer. We are using WIFI. We have done all the tips and tricks and still nothing works, including uninstall and reinstall the printer. All the settings on both computers and the Printer are as stated in the trouble shoot. We have tried everything that has been suggested. We now hooked the printer to one computer by USB and can print using the USB. So we have one computer working. Why does the WiFi no longer work? Thanks for any help anyone may be able to offer.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Did you run a Wireless Test report on the Officejet?

The Wireless setting is on.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Yes we went into Settings on the printer WiFi is turned on. Computer wifi turned on, only way I can stream American radio here in Germany and we printed HP Network Configuration page. Any other suggestions? Thanks

David

HP Recommended

Try using the RJ45 port to connect to your router.

Is the warranty over?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi, sorry been so long, been a busy week end. I am not computer savvy and don't know much about them. I think if I start messing with the ports where ever that is I'll never get back.  I do know that every time I change the IP address for the printer that the next time I turn on the computer that it's back to where it was. It's only the last number but it won't stay put. Both the computer and the printer are getting old maybe a reason and no the warranty has expired long ago.

But found a easy fix I think, getting a USB hub, put printer cable and both computers into it and should work, right?

HP Recommended

Hub should work.

You mentioned changing the IP of the printer, why & what is the IP?

HP Recommended

It said in the trouble shoot to check the IP address on the printer and make sure the IP address in the settings in the computer is the same. I check the setting in the computer and it keeps showing one number difference. Last number keep changing. The printer shows the last number being a 4 and the computer shows it being a 5. No matter how many times I change it in the computer it changes back to the 5. And yes when I change it a hit apply but doesn't matter.

My wife got a cable and the hub and it works. I just have get a cable and I'm further away from the printer. So need a longer cable.

But thanks for your help anyway. I think it something to do with the WiFi because it's happen before and the next day it works again without touching it. This time not.

My wife's computer does show the there is something being printed and can't get in out, stuck? So she installed the printer again and using the newly installed until she can it out.

Is there a factory reset on a printer?

HP Recommended

It is normal that the IP number is different between the printer & computers.

Did you try running the HP print and scan doctor program?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.