Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8740
macOS 10.14 Mojave

PLEASE HELP ME! I cannot get a hold on any HP representative.  What a TERRIBLE customer service! They can assist from home, there is no excuse.  I need the printer, I am a teacher and our school is still open I need to know what to do.  My printer have a Power Button sign and a code # B38B40D9 and I do not know what to do!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MICHELLE56 

Product introduced 2016

I would guess from the date that the product is well out of warranty.  Considering how difficult it is to get help from a completely overwhelmed Response Center in these impossible times, getting assistance for out-of-warranty products must be twice as difficult.

You have our sympathy, of course - we cannot perform the magic needed to make the process work any better.

The error is an unfortunate one.

In general, your options are limited to the the solution outlined in the Troubleshooting document:

'0xc19a0005' or Similar Error Code Displays

It is certainly possible the suggested "Reset" options will fix the problem.

Again, I am sorry this usually very sturdy printer has failed you in your hour of need.

Hang in there - we need our teachers!  Thank you for caring for our children and the rest of us.

For those reading:

“Everywhere” Contact Information - HP Technical Support

Open website  HP World-Wide Support

Select your region and follow the prompts

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Impact

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent. Please use our digital solutions like the Virtual Agent and Diagnostic Tools or your HP account for faster service. Instant Ink customers please visit instantink.com

Reference and Resources – Places to find help, solve problems, and learn how to use your Printer

Clarification of terms and "what the printer can do" (Specifications)

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 All-in-One Printer series

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.