Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 5540
iOS

Printer gives above error. HP Snart has no option to clear queue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @PinkiPad,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Flower_Bud is at your service.

I understand that you are getting a 'printer busy' error message while printing from your HP Printer.

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

When was the last time it was working fine?

Were there any hardware/software changes made? 

Where do you see this message?

Which device are you printing from? 

Let's perform a power drain: 

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord
  • Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Restart your phone or computer and Router.

Then try printing from the printer. 

Keep me posted how this goes,

Have a great day 🙂

Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @PinkiPad,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Flower_Bud is at your service.

I understand that you are getting a 'printer busy' error message while printing from your HP Printer.

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

When was the last time it was working fine?

Were there any hardware/software changes made? 

Where do you see this message?

Which device are you printing from? 

Let's perform a power drain: 

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord
  • Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Restart your phone or computer and Router.

Then try printing from the printer. 

Keep me posted how this goes,

Have a great day 🙂

Cheers!

HP Recommended

I had this problem. There are also similar answers in archives. I have done what it Is recommended here and elsewhere, and also reinstalled the printer on my Mac - I think. At least it shows up among the list of printers. ( I am trying to print wirelessly btw).

Now it doesn't give me 'the printer is busy' any more - it gives me 'Printing - the printer is in use'. But it is not printing.

(I hope any solution doesn't not involve the usual stultifying request for passwords that comes up frequently whenever I try to do anything to make my HP printers work. I have no idea what password they are asking for, nor, unless it is the password of my computer, what it is. Several previous answers stated you find it on the network configuration page. Where? I can't see it.)

HP Recommended

HP ColorLaserJet MFP M278-M281

Printer utility says printer is ready;  computer app says printer is busy or that no printer is installed.

I can turn everything off and reboot and get it to print - one document.  Then I am back to to "busy" or no printer

HP Recommended

Are you connecting via usb or network? Are you using Mac or Windows based computer? Is this a new problem or something that has been ongoing? Did anything change just before this problem started such as updates or newly installed programs?

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.