02-01-2018 04:23 PM
Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
Flower_Bud is at your service.
I understand that you are getting a 'printer busy' error message while printing from your HP Printer.
No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:
When was the last time it was working fine?
Were there any hardware/software changes made?
Where do you see this message?
Which device are you printing from?
Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
Restart your phone or computer and Router.
Then try printing from the printer.
Keep me posted how this goes,
Have a great day 🙂
10-06-2018 12:07 PM
I had this problem. There are also similar answers in archives. I have done what it Is recommended here and elsewhere, and also reinstalled the printer on my Mac - I think. At least it shows up among the list of printers. ( I am trying to print wirelessly btw).
Now it doesn't give me 'the printer is busy' any more - it gives me 'Printing - the printer is in use'. But it is not printing.
(I hope any solution doesn't not involve the usual stultifying request for passwords that comes up frequently whenever I try to do anything to make my HP printers work. I have no idea what password they are asking for, nor, unless it is the password of my computer, what it is. Several previous answers stated you find it on the network configuration page. Where? I can't see it.)
01-02-2020 04:00 PM
HP ColorLaserJet MFP M278-M281
Printer utility says printer is ready; computer app says printer is busy or that no printer is installed.
I can turn everything off and reboot and get it to print - one document. Then I am back to to "busy" or no printer
01-02-2020 05:52 PM
Are you connecting via usb or network? Are you using Mac or Windows based computer? Is this a new problem or something that has been ongoing? Did anything change just before this problem started such as updates or newly installed programs?