12-21-2019 11:32 PM
HP printer C309a the initial printer alignment fails and after it keeps saying that there is a carriage jam but I have verified and there is no jam.
12-24-2019 09:12 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Perform step 1 from this document.
If the issue persists, resetting the printer to its factory settings may help.
- The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
- I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
- In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
01-18-2020 06:06 PM
I have tried all the steps you suggested but it still won't work.
After leaving the printer unplugged for a while, I plugged it in and it finished the printer alignment but it failed at the end.
At this point it won't let me do a printer alignment, it keeps saying carriage jam.