Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart C4795

Hi! I just set up a new WiFi router in the house, and I can’t get my printer connected to it. Any hints or help would be appreciated. I pressed Restore Network Defaults and nothing seems to happen - not sure if I’m missing something. Thank you! 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Network setup can be somewhat complicated at times. I believe your best bet at the moment is to follow the manual. See page 6 here. WPS may be an option but I'd advise against it. Instead, try Wireless with a router (infrastructure network)

I assume you don't have the cd or the ability to read it. I believe the same software can be found here, however.

HP Recommended

I tried that but it won't connect

HP Recommended

We need some more details to be able to help you.

How far did you get with the setup process (I assume you used the software I linked to) and what kind of error messages did you get? At this point, the more detailed your description is, the better.

If you are not using windows or have some other model of the printer, see here

HP Recommended

I don't see any other issues there. You said everything is okey there. You can reset your router and then connect again. I hope it will work fine. 

HP Recommended

Please clarify your operating system details @Exsadam, the steps can be done through the HP Software, knowing your OS version will allow to provide you more accurate details,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

HP4630 printer connection. Printer will not print. There was a new router installed in the house.

HP Recommended

See page 83 here. If you are lucky it may happen that you can make do with just the first steps (1, 2, 3). If just the wireless key was changed, for example. Otherwise you should follow the rest as well. 

I assume you don't have the CD either. If you have Windows 10 you should be able to get the software from here. If you are running something else, see here and click 'choose a different OS'.

HP Recommended

I hope if the OP follows these guidelines might get the solution. I wish for the best!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.