12-12-2019 08:18 AM
I am having a problem connecting my printer to my computer since I recently changed the network. I have reset the network on the actual printer but when I try to print from my MAC computer, I am getting the following message;
I am almost connected to printer but I am getting this message when I try to enable test page so it won’t print. It probably is something minor but I am not sure what it is. The Hp utility worked well except for this final step.
I am getting message the HP Utility cannot connect with devices connected to Air Port (?). It says that I have to connect printer directly to Mac to work with it. Any suggestions? I have no idea what air port is and I am not sure how to connect directly to Mac.
12-14-2019 12:49 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
To assist you better, what model printer are you using?
Apple AirPort is a router. Are you using an Apple router? This seems like a connectivity issue. Let us try these steps:
- Make sure the printer and the MAC are connected to the same wireless network. Either 2.4GHz or 5GHz network.
- If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.
Check the connectivity between these devices
- Obtain the IP address of the printer by clicking on the Wireless icon on the printer
- On the MAC Go to Spotlight > search for Network utility > select Ping tab > enter the IP address of the printer in the box
- Check the second box that says Send only > 10 pings
- Click on ping > Check the results at the end if any packets are lost
- Note: There should be 0% packet loss, share the results in your next post.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
12-15-2019 03:59 PM
I received your reply and I appreciate your help. I don't really know how to answer your questions since I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to computers. I will try your suggestions and let you know how they work but it may take a week or more to respond since it took me a couple of days to figure out how to reply to your help email!