02-08-2020 08:34 PM
I'm having difficulty with scrolling the control panel on my HP Officejet Pro 6830. The "touch-screen" panel doesn't seem to recognize any commands or want to scroll to the (Right), (Left), (Back), or (Fwd).
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and/or if there is any solution? Thanks!
02-11-2020 07:32 AM
@drbaronne, Welcome to HP Support Community!
I understand you have issues with the printer control panel, let us try to isolate and resolve the issue-
Reset the printer-
- Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Update the printer firmware
Download available firmware updates from the HP website
With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.
Also, check if there is any plastic film or covering on the display. Check for any physical damage. If everything is good and the issue persists, it could be an issue with the touchscreen.
Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.
Hope this helps!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee