Did you mean: 
Miriam10
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer Driver

HP1112

Hi, I have a couple questions aimed at any super smart HP printer software/firmware gurus:

I have a custom meter (computer) that is built from the ground up that is not usable on the internet (built on Linux/C++) . We coded in the ability for it to work with an HP1112 DeskJet which works with HP63 ink. We bought this printer in the US. I want to send the meter and the printer to Europe and you cannot get HP63 cartridges there. I was told that it would work with HP 302 ink that can be purchased in Europe but that I wo uld need to call and allow the HP tech remote access to the meter so that they could deregionalize the printer.

Question 1) Is there a way that I can do this myself since I can't allow access to anyone over the phone?

Question 2) If the above is not possible, if I reboot the entire printer and start with the HP302 ink and select EU, will it work?

Question 3) if there is no way to de-regionalize the existing printer, are there any other printers that operate off the same drivers as the HP1110 family so that I can buy a completely different printer and get it to work with my meter?

Thanks in hopeful advance!
-Miriam

Tags (1)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation