Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer Embedded Web Service page displays icons as with lock

Deskjet 2600 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer was just out of the box and was trying to set it up to my wifi connection but to no avail. So I tried alternative shared by some HP technicians to run the wireless setup wizard by accessing the printer EWS page with ip address of 192.168.223.1. But upon accesing the page, I noticed the icons are displayed with lock or padlock icons in them. And when I tried to launch the wireless setup wizard icon, it prompted me with a username and password that I do not know to get from.

Do we have a default username or password that would work here? I tried entering the following username and passwords but to none has worked:

1. admin/admin
  2. admin/<blank>
  3. admin/password
  4. password/password
  5. blank/password

EWS Page Icons Are Locked.JPG

EWS Page Icons Are Locked_Incorrect Name and Password.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,692 7,685 423 589
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @ColBrusko,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP DeskJet 2600 All-in-One Printer wherein you are unable to unlock the EWS page as it says that the username and password are incorrect.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

And here are a few steps to restore network settings to default settings:

1. Press and hold the Wireless button ( ) and the Cancel button ( ) from the printer control panel together for three seconds.

You may also check page no. 68 from the user guide: User Guide 

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Rainbow23,

Thank you for your reply. I forgot to tell you that I've done this already but to no avail.

Don't you have a master password to reset this prompt?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem (link). Reset network settings does not help, but they write only about that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 485 936
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps, if the issue persists and you do not recall the password reset on the printer's EWS page, request you contact our phone support to check on the service options available for your printer. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation