Top Student
2 0 2
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer Error - HP Photosmart 7520

HP Photosmart 7520
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Printer is displaying a Printer Error message: "Printer Failure - There is a problem with the printer or ink system. Turn printer off, then on. If problem persists, contact HP."

Contacting HP is no help. I've powered off and unplugged the device and left disconnected for several days.

I've checked for all possible difficulties, e.g., jams. Also pulled all ink cartridges and replaced with new. Pulled all new cartridges and reinstalled them.

All other functions (scanning, et al) work. Wondering if the printer is simply toast, or if there is a troubleshooting/correction process.

Any help will be appreciated. Apparently, HP doesn't care about after-care - only collecting sales dollars!

3 REPLIES
Dean
Dean
10377 671 1332
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you tried cleaning the printhead manually? (take a look at this link)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer.
0 Kudos
BuffiesGuy Top Student
Top Student
2 0 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have done so, along with:

Powering down (per printer instructions)

Unplugging

Replacing all cartridges

Removing all cartridges and reinstalling them

Running maintenance from the printer's screen

I contacted HP Support (finally), and was told my router - computer - printer were "infected." They said they could "fix" it all for USD $200. That's $200 for a $99 printer.

I subsequently contacted AT&T (my Internet provider). They were aghast, and said their modem/router could not be infected. 

Your reply is appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
1394 56 275
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BuffiesGuy

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation