Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 100 D410
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hello, my printer started malfunctioning.   First I couldn't get it out of the Initializing loop.  Then after having it unplugged for two days and setting up again it gives Printer Error 0:0xc4eb821a.  

Is this something that can be fixed or should I forget about this printer and get a new one?  

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There is nothing much to fix on your printer model, you can try to remove cartridges and see will it initialize faster, maybe the cartridges are causing you issue. Saving for a new printer would be the next step.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

There is nothing much to fix on your printer model, you can try to remove cartridges and see will it initialize faster, maybe the cartridges are causing you issue. Saving for a new printer would be the next step.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thank you very much!   Your suggestion worked, at least for now!  Very grateful! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.