11-19-2019 07:01 AM
I have an error screen on the printer.
“There is a problem with the printer or ink system. Turn the printer off, then on. If you continue to get this message, contact HP.“
I have tried turning the printer on and off a few times, also unplugged it from the wall. Still having the same error.
Is there anyway to contact support via telephone?
11-21-2019 11:16 AM
@owlmoon, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Update the printer firmware (if able to bypass the error)
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Also, perform step 3 mentioned in this document.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee