Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Screen contains following message:

X Printer Failure

There is a problem with the printer or ink system. Turn printer off, then on. If problem persists, contact HP.

I did this, then turned printer off again and unplugged power cord. Waited 10 seconds, then reconnected power cord and turned printer back on.  I also removed and reinserted each of the four ink cartridge.

I also got a new computer this morning and downloaded "HP Officejet Pro 8610 e-All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Drivers" [file name of OJ8610_198.exe] and reinstalled all of the software/drivers included therein.

However, above error message persists and I can't get past it. HELP!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There is no user fix for this type of error.

Is the warranty over?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

There is no user fix for this type of error.

Is the warranty over?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, my printer warranty has expired. Called HP and waited 49 minutes on hold for technical support and then hung up.

HP Recommended

Yes

HP Recommended

@TLJ22, you will need to replace the printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.