Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6600
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My printer screen indicated I needed to replace the Magenta ink cartridge.  I replaced the cartridge, then received messages to replace Yellow and Cyanide cartirdges.  After replacing all three cartirdges, I received a Printer Failure message.  The screen does not allow me to go to the tool screen to check anything else.  I have gone through all of the videos and I still cannot resolve the issue.  Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @NellieBee1, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand you are getting printer failure after replacing cyan, yellow and magenta cartridges on your printer.

Don't worry I'd love to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer apart from replacing the cartridges?

The cartridges you replaced is it the original HP cartridges or is it refilled ink cartridges?

Remove all the ink cartridges from your printer, And put individual ink cartridges at a time and check if you get any error message.

If you get any error message while replacing the cartridge one of the ink cartridges are faulty, please contact HP support for cartridge replacement.

Link to contact HP.

If you don't get any error message when checking with individual cartridges it could be a print head issue, try cleaning the print head and check if it helps.

You might need to clean the printhead several times to restore print quality.
Load plain white paper into the tray.
On the printer control panel, touch the Right Arrow () to display more options.
Touch Setup (), and then touch Tools. The Tools Menu displays.
Touch Clean Printhead.
Wait while the printer completes the printhead cleaning process, and then touch OK.
   NOTE:
You might have to clean the printhead several times to correct the issue.
Print another Print Quality Diagnostic Page to see if the issue is resolved.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot print quality issues.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps it is a hardware issue, please contact HP support service options.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I have resolved the issue, however, I was unable to get to the menu because the error message said printer failure so I was hnable to access other commands. I finally read a solution which required me to disconnect power source and usb cable from printer for 2-3 minutes then press on/off button on printer for 30 seconds then reconnect power card to printer then to wall socket (not surge protector). Additionally, while checking cartridges, I noticed the orinter screen message had changed so after reconnecting printer, I removed all cartridges, accessed the setup menu, checked status, printhead & ink status, then returned cartridges to printer. Finally got it working again.
HP Recommended

@NellieBee1

Thanks for the reply.

Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in future if you need assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.