Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 7740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My printer start showing up the attached printer failure error for few weeks already requiring me to restart the printer every time i send a job.

I am not sure if its an issue with the printer setup or the firmware itself. Would appreciate any help in guiding me to get this fixed.

Thanks

Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello, 

The error code 0x61 ...... as mentioned in the attachment relates to the Carriage.

Please click https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-7740-wide-format-all-in-one-printer-series/768... to access the steps that should resolve the issue .

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

@N_Sarode wrote:

Hi,

My printer start showing up the attached printer failure error for few weeks already requiring me to restart the printer every time i send a job.

I am not sure if its an issue with the printer setup or the firmware itself. Would appreciate any help in guiding me to get this fixed.

Thanks

Thanks for bringing this probelme to the forum. Does this mean that the printer was not showing this error earlier. Was there any Operating system change on the PC after printer installation. The information would be helpful in understanding the issue and its resolution.

I work for HP. I am speaking for myself and not HP.
HP Recommended

hi sorry to hear that from you.. 

you can try this  two below first 🙂

1. Use Scan Doctor

Click below link and go go Print and Scan Doctor

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02073861

2. Update Printer Firmware

HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

https://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c02919168

cheers 

EXM-1

It is my pleasure to help you.
HP Recommended

Thanks Jabzi.

I am sure about not having any jammed paper in the printer and also have reinstalled the ink cartridges.

Will follow the step 3 and Step 5 hoping it should fix the issue.

If the problem still exist, no choice but to get it serviced.

Cheers 🙂

Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi EMX-1

Have tried the use Scan Doctor but it didnt detect any issue with the printer and have my printer running on the latest firmware.

Thanks for your inputs.

Cheers

HP Recommended

Hello N_Sarode, 

You might also try below steps...

1. While the printer is ON, open the Cartridge Access Door.
  2. Wait untill the Carriage moves to Left side.
  3. Once its idle, you may lift the Printhead Latch, remove the printhead along with the cartridges in it.
  4. Push the latch down.
  5. Close the cartridge access door. By doing so the printer may display the message "Printhead missing". Not to worry on that. 🙂
  6. Now open the cartridge acces door, push the printhead latch up, install the printhead. push the latch down to lock the printhead.
  7. Push the latch up and down for 3 times.
  8. Close the cartridge access door.
  9. Hopefully this should resolve the issue, else you may have to contact the HP Tech Support to get the printer serviced.

If you are USA, call 1-800-474-6836

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.