01-04-2020 12:15 PM
Now that my HP Office Jet Pro 6968 warranty has expired, I keep getting printer failure 0x61000047 telling me to shut it off and turn it on. When I do that, (pushing the power button), it turns on scolding me it was improperly shut down. It then tells me theres a paper jam, which there isn't and then comes up and says printer failure. What I'm guessing is, HP has designed these to fail after the warranty has expired so you have to go buy another. I'm broke and can't do that.
What the hell would be causing this because I don't do a whole lot of printing.
01-07-2020 09:08 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Also, perform step 1 from this document.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee