Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OFFICE JET PRO 8600

I quickly realized that the Printer Failure message was caused by the cartridges that I bought through Amazon. I went to Stapples and spent $117 for a new set of cartridges, installed them but the error message is still there. I tried all the recommendations, including unplugging the printer and waiting 60sec. Nothing works. I am quite frustrated as I need my printer this afternoon.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Take a look at this link.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

I followed all the recommendations and it does not work.

I also removed the new cartridges (those bought at Staples) and replaced by the Amazon's. The printer indicated that they are not genuine. Then I replaced again by the new cartridges bought at Staples and this time the printer says: "One or more of the cartridges installed are genuine HP cartridges that have been used previously" and then I got the message: "Printer Failure, There is a problem with the printer or ink system. Turn printer off, then on. If problem persist contact HP"

My biggest problem is that HP does not pick up the phone and even in a time of COVID-19 I don't understand why these people don't work from home. Very disappointed and frustrated.

HP Recommended

The printhead is defective.

If the warranty on the printer is over then HP charges a fee to talk to a person.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

I ended up removing the cartridge tray, cleaning the connection and it was fixed! Since this forum is to benefit the HP community I just want to say that I am highly disappointed by HP. No support, no chat room, typical of a very complacent company, it really feels like they think that they don't have to strive to help customers anymore. My next printer will not be HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.