09-18-2019 09:44 AM
My printer touch screen is frozen on the loading screen image and the power button is flashing. I have already tried unplugging and waiting a minute before plugging back in and that is not working.
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-20-2019 03:36 PM
I suggest you do a Hard Reset on the printer and update the firmware for the printer.
(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168 for Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.
Restart the printer.
Keep me posted, how it goes!
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Thank you for joining the HP Community.
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
09-20-2019 03:40 PM
After asking around the office, I figured out it was actually the power cord that was defective, which was weird since the printer is brand new. Switched it out with a different cord and it went back to normal.
09-20-2019 06:10 PM
I'm glad to hear you found the solution you were looking for.
Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution!
Take care now and do have a great week ahead.
I am an HP Employee