Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6700 Premium
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

It seems that the Windows 10 Creator's update has somehow broken the HP Driver for my Officejet 6700 Printer. Since the update it has been randomly ejecting blank pages (also, it pulls in 2 to 3 pages of paper when trying to print a single page). 

I have re-installed the driver and done a hard reset, but the problem still remains.  I think HP needs to release a new driver that will fix these issues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Dpower20

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that after the Windows 10 creator update the printer is not working correctly.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the printer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to uninstall the printer completely. Follow the steps in the below article to uninstall the printer.

http://hp.care/2ptt2ZN

Once the printer is uninstalled completely, follow the instructions in the below document and install the printer.

http://hp.care/2ptCI6c

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @Dpower20

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that after the Windows 10 creator update the printer is not working correctly.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the printer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to uninstall the printer completely. Follow the steps in the below article to uninstall the printer.

Once the printer is uninstalled completely, follow the instructions in the below document and install the printer.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Reinstalling the driver (for the second time) and running Windows Update seems to have fixed the issue for now.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

the hp installer  thing  hpeasy   croaks and  dies  so unable  to  install anything...

this  entire issue is beciommomg a hated item in the museum's office here.

is this an HP  problem? is it a MS  problem?

We are shut  down and  can not  get any  work fionished thanls to this  crap. HELP alternate solution?

Ed#

HP Recommended

i am  trying to  do this   for the museum's  hp-7610 officejet  to no  effer the hp easy keeps  croaking

HP Recommended

OK  several things...

1 -- Consider having a way  messsages  can be edited once saved here in this  forum. ( I do not spell  well  wehn I am irritated!)

2 -   THE FIX - The  recommended...

Follow the steps in the below article to uninstall the printer.

YES IT  WORKS!  

We have  our  printer back.

it is quite odd as  you will loose network connectivity   when  doing it,  you will also  have  your  screen  go to a lower res... However...   when all is  done the  screen res. resets the  computer will yes  talk to the  cable modem router again and all is just  fine. <for the unexpected though.... it IS FREAKY!>

All is  good.  I was luck to  find this  help as I had tried   to  search all the HP sites and MS sites etc.  and  got  no where.
I was pointed to this entry  by someone on  a vintage video equipment listserve as a possible solution..

Thanks  Ed Sharpe archvisit for SMECC  

[Content Removed]

HP Recommended

The_Fossette - I am experiencing a very similar issue on a different model print (LJ 400Mn) - any recommendations there?  I have tried your steps but it has not resolved our issue.

HP Recommended

Didn't work for me.  After updating to Windows Creator, initially my Officejet Pro 8630 was fine, and then it just stopped working.  I uninstalled it but then couldn't reinstall it because Windows 10 Creator could not recognize it at all.  I have ended up using a generic drive for it, thanks to IT help from HP, but not full functionality.  It doesn't look like HP is going to bring out updated drivers.  If they were, they would have done so by now.  This does appear to be an HP problem because my other printers, which are not HP were not affected by the Creator Update, but my 8630 is my favorite and go to printer for a lot of work.

HP Recommended

This  has been one of the wrost debalces   with  os and hp issues I have  had    ours  is  7612 officeject and  I can not  even  find the printer in  control panel but i  did somehow  jam a driver into this   thing and i can print  but   can not make any chanes  to  paramenters for the printer  in the control panel... pile of  crap eh?

Ed#

HP Recommended

After days/weeks of struggeling, multiple reinstallations of windows and drivers, and trying all the solutions offered in the various forums I finally solved the problem for my printer:

printer: HP Envy 4500

- PROBLEM: after a windows 10 update the driver was not working anymore. I got a message like 'driver seems not to be installed...'.

- I installed the printer again. The printer was visible in the netwerk but during the installation it failed.

- tried installing windows again and again. Everytime printer was working untill windows updated.

- tried HP docter

- tried uninstall, emptying Temp folders, delete everything, making local admin accounts and all the other suggestions you can find on the forum.

- during one of the uninstalls I got the message 'couldn't remove prnhpcl1.inf'.  Tried to remove it manually: didnt work.

- installed windows again. installed all the possible updates before installing the printer. Installed the printer. Installation seemed to work!... but unfortunatelly when printing i got the same message again 'driver seems not to be installed'.

- I don't know why but then I navigated tot C:/WINDOWS/INF/prnhpcl1.inf and rightclicked the file and clicked 'install'.

- Printer working again! 8-P

Hope this works for others as well!!!

cheers,

Marijn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.