Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently started having an issue printing - I receive an error message saying that the printer is unable to print my document.  I have to go to the queue to delete the document.  When I print again, I receive the same error message.  I am able to use the wireless printer with my laptop and my wife's laptop - just not my desktop.  I have turned the router, printer and desktop off and re-booted - nothing.  I've run the print and scan doctor but it hasn't fixed it.  I am not sure what else to try.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@NFLBear

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you uninstall the printer driver from root level and download the full feature software

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 
2.) Select your HP Printer 
3.) Select Uninstall 
4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 
5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 
6.) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”) 
8.) Click on the “Drivers” tab 
9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 
10.) Select Ok 
11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 
12.) Close Devices and Printers
13.) Restart the computer and download the Full Feature Software from Here and follow the onscreen Instructions

Keep me posted how it goes

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

@NFLBear

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you uninstall the printer driver from root level and download the full feature software

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 
2.) Select your HP Printer 
3.) Select Uninstall 
4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 
5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 
6.) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”) 
8.) Click on the “Drivers” tab 
9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 
10.) Select Ok 
11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 
12.) Close Devices and Printers
13.) Restart the computer and download the Full Feature Software from Here and follow the onscreen Instructions

Keep me posted how it goes

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

That resolved my issue.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

@NFLBear

I'm glad you got this issue sorted out

Do visit our HP Support Community and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

@KrazyToad
Hi, I have the same issues except from a few details:
I can't print from any computer. 
Tried your solution step by step but faced some problems (I'm not 100% sure if the error message popups after step 5 or 10 though):
Firstly with step 5 where it already had disappeared after me doing the first steps...
Step 9-10 caused an error message, about not being able to remove it due to "It's already being used".
I can't click Apply though...

Restarted the laptop and ran the Full Feature Software (which for some reason is marked as "Critical" at https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Officejet-Pro-6830-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5... )
Everything looks fine, until I click to print testpage.... No print. 

After a lot of time and efforts trying to solve it, I'm now feeling quite clueless about what to do.... 😕 
// Hopelessly hopeful

HP Recommended

@AnJoLa

Welcome to HP support community.

Provide the complete printer model number or the product number?

Which operating system is installed on the computer to which this printer is connected?

Reply with the requested information for more assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried the foregoing solution several times thinking that I might have missed any of the steps but it has not worked in my case. I can scan from my laptop and the printer (HP OfficeJet 4650) offline functions work.

Pleas help. 

HP Recommended

@Karpintero

Welcome to HP Support community.

Which operating system is installed on the computer to which this printer is connected?

How is the printer connected, USB or Wireless?

Are you getting any error message while printing?

Reply with the requested information for more assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I just went through this today with 2 HP OfficeJet Pro 7740s. After doing everything -- installing, uninstalling, removing, networking, WiFi, USB, nothing worked.

I finally went in though the web URL and did a Factory Reset. Guess what, they work, they actually print. 

Try this. 

Good Luck!

HP Recommended

Hello, 

My HP4500 will only print the alignment page.  The printer is connected to the wifi and the CPU, and has ink. It thinks it is printing but all the sheets, except the alignment sheet come out completely blank.  The printer pulls the paper through and makes all the noises as if it is printing but nothing.  Nothing shows in the print queue after "printing" so the CPU also thinks the printing has taken place.  When I run the diagnostics, no errors appear.  I am using HP ink.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.