Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Tango
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can readily print a picture off my IPhone and/or a Pdf file from my computer to the HP Tango printer through the HP Smart App al connected through my home netwrok wi-fi.  But to print an Excel or Word document, HP Smart requires you to print from Excel or Word directly.  When I do that and select the printer, the HP Tango printer shows up, but its says printer is offline even though its not.  My work around is that I print everythning to a pdf and then print directly through the app, but this is annoying.  Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

May I know what is the light state for your printer? Blue or blue with white lighting in the middle?

When printing from your mobile, were you using airprimt or wifi connection?

“I am an HP employee”
HP Recommended

As to the light state of the printer- you can see in below picture that it is kind of a blue-white light in the middle.  As to your second question - when I print a picture from my Iphone or even a pdf from my computer and use the HP Smart APP -- the printer works perfectly.   (I presume the HP Smart App works through my home Wi-Fi).   The issue of the printer showing up as being "offline" only arises when I try to print a WORD file or an Excel spreadhseet.  It says printer is offline, even though I know it is on-line.  Thanksfile-35.jpegrinter

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.