Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Colorsmart 4680 and Envy 5255
Microsoft Windows Vista

Hi everyone. My Colorsmart 4680 won't turn on so I guess it's time for a new printer. Was looking at the Envy (I think) 5255. I noticed they all seem to be wireless now. I saw something about the HP Smart App. Can you set up this printer without using a smartphone (mine isn't compatible with the app) or can you set it up with your desktop? I mean, you can use it with a desktop without having to use it wirelessly!

I just confused cause I don't want to buy a printer that MUST BE SETUP with a smartphone and that can't be used wirelessly!

Thanks everyone!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@AllmanBros,

Welcome to HP Support Forums!

I see from your post that you're having issues related to your HP Printer. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the printer product number? Unfortunately, I'm not able to pull any information using this product number. Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Could you please respond to this post with the details as this will help me in further assisting you.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Can you install the Envy 5255 printer with a desktip computer or do you have to use a smartphone and the HP Smart App??

HP Recommended

@AllmanBros,

Thank you for replying,

After reading your post, I did try to pull up the information for HP Envy 5255 and unfortunately nothing comes up. 

Are you referring to HP OfficeJet 5255, If so, this printer does not support HP Smart App. For more details, please follow this link.

Here's the printer specifications for HP OfficeJet 5255 printer - scroll down to connectivity and this printer support both USB and Wireless.

There are drivers available for Windows 10 - Here's the link to install the full feature software for this printer. 

If it's not a HP OfficeJet 5255, please use this link to help you find the correct product number for your printer? https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Please let me know the correct product number of the printer. so that I can provide you with the right information which should help you resolve this issue. 

Eagerly waiting for your response!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Is the HP5255 the only printer compatible with windows vista.I have a hp 6700 now but it is not working anymore and

I need another printer similar to the hp 6700.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.