Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I purchased and used the referenced small portable colour printer in the Middle East, it is s/n [edited]. I'm now resident in the UK, is the printer ok for use here. I noted some information that it may be necessary to do a regional reset sometimes.

The printer was originally used with Windows XP, but I now use a Windows 10 PC and I have downloaded latest Windows 10 driver and successfully hooked up to the printer, however I cannot get the printer to print in colour, only prints in Black.

Please confirm if there is a regionalisation issue or if I should simply replace the Colour cartridge even though the current one initially indicates full but Colour Print mode fails to start printing once paper feeds into the printer.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Any regionalization issue will not allow printing at all and will be indicated by a cartridge rejection error or a blinking light, not by lack of ink output.

Please let us know your printer model and current cartridges number just to get some better understanding, of any possible steps to follow next.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick response, the Printer model is HP Deskjet D1560, the cartridges are HP 22 Tri colour and HP21 Black. The Tri Colour is identified as full in the HP Toolbox screen and the green on/off button light is steady before printing. Once the document print is initiated the paper feeds into the print area and then stops feeding, the green button starts flashing and the HP toolbox indicates a 'cartridge problem'. After shutting down the printer & removing the Tri Colour cartridge the printer defaults to Black printing and functions correctly in this mode, clearly printing the document in black/greyscale. I would happily purchase anothet new cartridge if this problem is likely to be only a Tricolour cartridge issue. Any thoughts? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.